A 63-year-old man is due in court today (Monday 16 February) charged with assault causing grievous bodily harm (GBH) after another man suffered serious injuries in a stabbing at a pub at the weekend.
Sussex Police said this morning: “Police have charged a man with grievous bodily harm with intent, possession of a bladed article and possession of an offensive weapon following an incident in Bognor.
“The incident occurred at the Unicorn public house, in Bognor, on the evening of Saturday 14 February just before 10.30pm.
“The victim contacted police to report that he had been assaulted and stabbed by the suspect.
“Officers attended the scene and the suspect was arrested.
“Brett Jenkins, 63, of no fixed address, was subsequently charged and remanded in custody to appear at Worthing Magistrates’ Court on Monday 16 February.
“The suspect and the victim were known to one another.
“Officers are not seeking anyone else in connection with the investigation.”
Detective Inspector Simon Smith said: “The victim in this case sustained serious injuries but is thankfully now in a stable condition.
“Knife-related offences will not be tolerated and robust action will be taken in relation to any reports involving the use of a weapon.”
Sussex Police added: “Anyone with further information in connection to this investigation is asked to report it online or by calling 101 and quoting serial 1344 of 13/02.”






